Reese’s are the Hubs’ all time favorite treat. Every holiday he wants the Reese’s eggs, trees, etc. I knew I had to find a way to make them with real food, and this recipe has delivered! Easier on the waistline AND the wallet! This recipe is officially husband approved.
Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
A clean treat that we love just as much as Reese's peanut butter cups!
Write a review
For the Filling
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups oats, pulsed in blender to make a coarse meal
For the chocolate coating
- 2 cups semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 T. Coconut oil
- Use a hand mixer to combine filling ingredients.
- Peanut butter mixture should be wet but easy to handle and not too sticky.
- Roll into balls or desired shape (we used a cookie cutter to make some trees too) and place on a wax paper covered plate in the freezer for about 30 mins-1 hr until hard.
- Melt semisweet or dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwaveable bowl on high, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Use a fork to dip frozen peanut butter balls or shapes in chocolate, and return to wax paper when coated.
- If you have a peanut butter cup mold or mini muffin liners, spoon chocolate into each until about 2/3 full, drop in a ball of peanut butter and cover the top.
- Return to freezer until set--about 20 mins.
- Store in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat. Enjoy!
- If you use cookie cutters to make holiday-themed shapes, you may need to melt more chocolate!
Mama Matters Fitness http://mamamattersfitness.com/
Note: This makes A LOT and they are rich! Feel free to share or store extra in the freezer for later. Or you can easily halve the recipe as well.
Please follow and like us: