This recipe is a simple spin off my favorite Carrot Cake Power Muffins and the kids really liked them! My daughter’s friend kept commenting on how good they were–even though there was zucchini in them! Enjoy!
Clean Zucchini Carrot Banana Muffins
Write a review
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (may substitute with oat flour as well, or do half of each)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peeled and shredded carrots (you can also mince them in a food processor to be a little more sneaky!)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, drained
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 C. coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 C. plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 C. honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin, or line it with papers; and a mini muffin tin, if desired (or make a second regular muffin tin)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients until combined with no dry spots
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pans (they'll be full almost to the top; that's OK).
- Bake the mini muffins for 8-10 mins, until they're nicely domed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- For regular muffins, bake about 8 minutes at 400, then reduce heat to 350 to finish baking--about 7-10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool for 5 minutes in their pan on a rack, then turn out of pans to finish cooling.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for several days; freeze for longer storage.
Mama Matters Fitness http://mamamattersfitness.com/
Please follow and like us: