I looked everywhere for a simple black bean burger recipe that didn’t have too many “chunks” that would deter my children. I couldn’t find one, so I made my own! And even Hubs agreed, it was a keeper!
- 3 C. Black beans ( I cooked my own in the crockpot the night before) or you can use about 2 cans
- 2 T. Dry minced onion
- Dash taco sauce, opt. (I had some leftover Taco Bell Mild Sauce to use up--I'm sure you could leave it out too)
- 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 C. Toasted breadcrumbs (take two slices of old bread--this is perfect for using those end pieces--pulse in blender until crumbly, and toast in a frying pan with about 1 tsp olive oil until coated and golden brown
- 1 large egg
- Mash black beans with a potato masher.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Form into patties and cook in frying pan with a drizzle of olive or coconut oil on med-high heat, until starts to brown on each side, about 3-5 mins each.
- May melt cheese on top if desired.
- These are especially good with sliced avocado!
I followed the recipe exactly, except I subbed melted coconut oil for butter in the dough.
Slice 2 peeled and washed sweet potatoes into fries.
Shake fries in a large ziploc with about 1 T. Cornstarch, until lightly coated.
Place on pan in single layer, giving fries room to breathe.
Drizzle or mist with olive oil. Sprinkle with cinnamon (about 1 tsp) and a dash of cayenne pepper if desired.
Bake for 25-30 mins at 400, checking frequently and turning once.
Sprinkle with salt when done!