Crockpot Black Beans
A brainless way to cook delicious beans!
Write a review
- 2 cups of Black Beans (or a 1 lb. bag)
- 16 cups of water, divided
- 1/2 T. All Purpose Spice Mix (below)
- 1/2 T. kosher salt (or to taste)
- Wash and sort beans and place beans in crockpot and cover with 8 cups of hot water.
- Let sit in crockpot overnight, or about 12 hours.
- Rinse beans again and cover with remaining 8 cups of water
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10, or until beans reach desired texture
- Stir in seasonings, and serve!
All Purpose Spice Mix (from Cize Eat it Up Meal Plan)
- 4 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- To freeze: Cool beans to room temperature and place in freezer bags.
Mama Matters Fitness http://mamamattersfitness.com/
Please follow and like us: